Home Page

30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Adoption Law

Animal Law



Criminal Law

Demand Letter

Divorce & Separation

Family Law & Family Court

Entertainment Law


Health Care Proxies



Living Wills

Medical Malpractice

Name Change

Personal Injury

Property Taxes

Real Estate




Tax Problems Report

Our Victories


Click on our secure weblink to make a payment.

Hayley Greenberg

Jerry Merola


Hello. I have been practicing family law for about 25 years. I have successfully handled many many divorces, both uncontested and contested and have extensive experience in Family Court. Some of the problems I have resolved include:

  • Child support
  • Child custody
  • Visitation
  • Paternity issues
  • Family Court cases
  • Maintenance/Alimony/Spousal support
  • Marital assets v. Separate property assets
  • Appreciation of property
  • Business and property evaulations
  • Grandparent and other relatives' rights
  • Dissipation of marital assets
  • Upward/downward modification of child support
  • Upward/downward modification of maintenance
  • Orders of Protection
  • Relocation rights
  • Prenuptial agreements
  • Postnuptial agreements
  • Separation agreements
  • Settlement agreements
  • Mediation
  • Adoption
  • Guardianship
  • And other issues

With my many years of experience I have seen all kinds of problems like yours and I can usually come up with a way to solve them.

I am in court on a regular basis and know how to help you and guide you with what is best for your case. And I am fully familiar with the courts so I know how they operate and the individual rules associated with them.

My team of divorce attorneys know what they are doing to help you. I work with all my lawyers individually and personally

One of the most important ways to win your case is to know the law. I am a continuing legal education teacher and I teach other lawyers about family law.

It is very important that you choose an experienced and knowledgable lawyer like myself to help you through one of the most stressful and painful times in your life. Call me today and we can start figuring out the best strategy for your case. To save some time, try to have some of your documents and/or dates ready before you call. Hayley Greenberg

Divorce and Separation

In New York State you may now get a divorce just because you do not get along anymore. This is a no-fault divorce.

There are also other grounds you can get a divorce based on.

The grounds are: cruel and inhuman treatment, abandonment for more than one year, imprisonment for more than three years, adultery, living apart under a court separation decree, living apart more than one year per a separation agreement.
Additionally, if your spouse has been missing for more than five years and you believe him/her dead, you may obtain a divorce.

What Is Equitable Distribution?
The New York law provides for equitable distribution. The law classifies two types of property: marital and separate. Marital property is property acquired during the marriage, except inheritances, gifts from others, personal injury compensation, and property acquired after the start of the divorce. Marital property is divided between the parties on an equitable basis during a divorce.

Can I Get Maintenance & Child Support?
Either party may receive spousal support which is based on a number of factors including: the marital standard of living, present & future earnings capacity of the parties, ability of the person seeking support to become self supporting, and others. Such an award may be for a certain number of years, or indefinitely, or until the happening of a specified event.

Child support has largely been standardized. Usually the basic child support obligation which the non-custodial parent has to pay is based on the combined parental income with a possible cap at $80,000. For one child it is 17%, 2 children 25%, etc.

The non-custodial parent pays his proportionate share. Additionally, there may be obligations for medical coverage, child care expenses, school education and others. There are exceptions to the standard child support obligation which the court can consider.

Who Will Get the Children?
In making a determination of which parent will get custody, the primary factor is what is in the best interest of the child. This will include many factors, a small portion of which are: which parent has been the primary caregiver, which parent is more stable, which parent is better able to raise the child, and others.

Alternatives to divorce also exist, they are mediation, annulment or separation. Ask your attorney about these options.


Contact us for new clients only. Existing clients please call.

Call today to see if your plan is one of them

GREENBERG & MEROLA, Attorneys at Law
521 5th Avenue, Suite 1700, New York, NY
2280 Grand Avenue, Suite 2280, Baldwin, NY
Conference Offices: Nassau, Brooklyn, Queens, Westchester, Bronx, Suffolk

521 5th Ave., Ste. 1700, New York NY

2280 Grand Ave., Ste. 202, Baldwin NY

26 Court St., Bklyn NY

1129 Northern Blvd., Manhasset NY

214-11 Northern Blvd., Bayside NY

145-11 Jamaica Ave., Jamaica NY

547 N. Ave., New Rochelle NY

749 E. 135th St., Bronx NY

150 Motor Pkwy., Hauppauge NY

Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Attorney Advertising. This website provides general information. Due to complexities and constant changes in the law, exceptions to general principles of law, and variations of state laws, seek professional legal advice before acting on any matter!

Some of the information on this website only pertains to certain states. Accordingly seek professional legal advice before acting on any matter.