Home Page

30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Adoption Law

Animal Law



Criminal Law

Demand Letter

Divorce & Separation

Family Law & Family Court

Entertainment Law


Health Care Proxies



Living Wills

Medical Malpractice

Name Change

Personal Injury

Property Taxes

Real Estate




Tax Problems Report

Our Victories


Click on our secure weblink to make a payment.

Hayley Greenberg

Jerry Merola


Many people think that changing their name is a complicated process. However, it is not. You can add a name, remove a name, or totally change it as you prefer

In New York State you are not required to do a name change, it is optional. If you want to call yourself something else you may, just use your new name as long as there is no fraudulent intent. For example, if you want to begin calling yourself John Smith, you may.

HOWEVER, just because you are allowed to call yourself whatever you want that does not mean that everyone has to abide by your wishes. So, while you may call yourself Father Christmas or A B, many business and/or offices will not abide by it and will refuse to give you I.D. or other documents except in your legal name. So, if you want to make it official we need to obtain a Court Order for you.

You may not get your new name in order to trick someone. For example, if you ever filed a bankruptcy or have a criminal conviction, those courts will be told about your new name. Likewise if you owe creditors money or have judgments against you, those creditors or judgment holders will be told about your new name.

If you want a name change we will prepare and submit a petition and supporting documents. Then the Judge signs an Order for publication and you publish in a specified newspaper. Finally, you file your affidavit of publication and you can start using your new name.

Start obtaining your documents now. If born in NYS you need a certified birth certificate, otherwise a copy is ok. Also you'll need a driver's license and a utility bill. These last two should show your present address. You may need additional documents later on.

Contact us for new clients only. Existing clients please call.

Call today to see if your plan is one of them

GREENBERG & MEROLA, Attorneys at Law
521 5th Avenue, Suite 1700, New York, NY
2280 Grand Avenue, Suite 2280, Baldwin, NY
Conference Offices: Nassau, Brooklyn, Queens, Westchester, Bronx, Suffolk

521 5th Ave., Ste. 1700, New York NY

2280 Grand Ave., Ste. 202, Baldwin NY

26 Court St., Bklyn NY

1129 Northern Blvd., Manhasset NY

214-11 Northern Blvd., Bayside NY

145-11 Jamaica Ave., Jamaica NY

547 N. Ave., New Rochelle NY

749 E. 135th St., Bronx NY

150 Motor Pkwy., Hauppauge NY

Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Attorney Advertising. This website provides general information. Due to complexities and constant changes in the law, exceptions to general principles of law, and variations of state laws, seek professional legal advice before acting on any matter!

Some of the information on this website only pertains to certain states. Accordingly seek professional legal advice before acting on any matter.